News and views, and history and humor, about the lake I love.

"I can hear my granddad's stories of the storms out on Lake Erie, where vessels and cargos and fortunes, and sailors' lives were lost." ~ James Taylor, Millworker

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Classic Lake Erie Sunset


Living along Lake Erie as I do I've become accustomed to stunning sunsets, but when I saw the bright red sun descending an auburn sky this evening, backlighting a plume of steam rising from the Davis-Besse cooling tower, I knew this sunset was going to be extra special, so I grabbed the Nikon and headed outside. I snapped about two dozen shots as the giant ball of fire sank below the horizon.

3 comments:

  1. very impressive photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, very impressive photo! You really have talent Richard! I can see why you love the lake so much... I bet it was even more breathtaking in person! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was, indeed! Thank you both for the kind words.

    ReplyDelete