News and views, and history and humor, about the lake I love.

"I can hear my granddad's stories of the storms out on Lake Erie, where vessels and cargos and fortunes, and sailors' lives were lost." ~ James Taylor, Millworker

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Winter returns to the lake...again!

Photo by Rich Norgard
After a mild January and first half of February, winter has returned with a vengeance, sending arctic air down from Canada across the Great Lakes and beyond. A stiff nor'wester had the waves crashing against the shore, coating the rocks -- and anything within reach of the spraying water -- with ice. I braved the cold wind today to snap some photos that I am sharing with you all.

Photo by Rich Norgard
Photo by Rich Norgard


1 comment:

  1. These photos are outstanding! You should consider letting us order postcards with the pictures on them.

    ReplyDelete